Bertie is the third of Roundhouses 'Basic Series' locomotives. Saddle tanks were probably the most common type of small locomotive found on British narrow gauge railways and Bertie is typical of the style. Personalize it to your own requirements with the additional parts and accessories available.
Specification for basic model is :-
- 0-4-0 inside framed chassis with double acting slide valve cylinders operated by slip eccentric valve gear (see FAQ's).
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are:- steam regulator, safety valve, displacement lubricator and gas regulator.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are:- length 270mm over buffers, width 118mm, height 145mm, weight 2.1Kg.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour. Pictured above in Deep Brunswick Green and below in Black and Darj Blue.
- 32mm or 45mm gauge (non adjustable) please state when ordering.
*NOTE* Insulated wheels are not available on this model and a gas filling adaptor is required..
For any more information please don't hesitate to give us a bell on 07816 963463